Tuesday, August 19, 2014

In the name of live...Tom Bailey's (Thompson Twins) back after 27 years



I'm pretty sure there have been longer gaps between gigs (and I'm pretty sure Mr Bailey has played live in some form or other in the intervening three decades) but last week Thompson Twins' lead singer Tom Bailey played the hits for the first time since the late 80s. I wasn't there...I didn't make the Rewind Festival that he played over the weekend either...but predictably there are a growing number of clips popping up on You Tube. The above is one of the better ones and, unless you live out in the US (hello there to all four of my American readers), it's as close as you're going to get to seeing him live for now. I suspect he'll be back to the UK and Europe for some more shows though...hopefully in less than 27 years this time.

1 comment:

Mrs B said...

I would love for him to come to Brum, fingers v tightly crossed!

Cheers for posting the video :)x